Las Chimeneas Creek Ranch

1442 Acre Ranch ~ Maverick County

Improved Hunting Ranch


1442 +/- Acres


Approximately 24 miles East of Eagle Pass on Hwy 57 & FM 481, accessed via a 7.5+/- mile asphalt and caliche deeded easement.


This high-fenced 1,442-acre tract is terrific for hunting and as recreational ranch land. Gently rolling South Texas brush country comprises 90% of the land, with the other 10% being wildlife food plots. Dense and diverse, native, virgin brush offers tremendous forage and habitat for the abundant wildlife. There is a 20+/- acre stocked lake on the property, which not only provides water for wildlife, but is also excellent fishing. A good road system is in place, providing access to all corners of the ranch. The soil is sandy and very fertile. Brush on this property consists of mesquite, cactus, and other indigenous brush species. Guayacan, Granjeno, Twisted Acacia, Texas Persimmon, and Hog Plum are a few of the native brush species that supply an excellent source of browse for whitetail deer and cattle. These brush species also offer nutrient rich berries to dove, quail, songbirds, and small mammals; the berries also are a good source of water for the birds and wildlife. The Cenizo offers browse for both wildlife and cattle during drought conditions. Other exceptional brush on this ranch is Sugar Hackberry, and Retama. Retama is a healthy thriving tree, even after a burn; the foliage and legume regrowth is a desired and healthy food source for deer, birds and small mammals.


One shared well is located on a neighboring ranch. Water is piped from this well to the house and six water troughs. A second well is situated on the southeastern corner of the ranch, and produces approximately 18GPM. Located at the headquarters is a rainwater collection system, which provides additional water storage for the house. The centerpiece of this ranch is 20+/-acre lake, which has held well throughout drought conditions, and is fed by wet-weather Chimeneas Creek. There is also a small approximatly ½ acre pond located near the southern boundary.


The all-native Whitetail deer herd has been well managed for many years and produces huge bodied, dark antlered bucks into the 180’s B&C. 1-buck/.85-doe ratio was discovered via the latest deer survey with overall fawn crops very good and healthy. There has been a long-standing history of trophy bucks, recognized by Los Cazadores including 2nd place rifle hunt for heavyweight Whitetail in 2008, 1st place for archery in 2008, and 1st place for women’s high-fenced heavy weight. In 2010, Los Cazadores recognized a buck harvest at 177&3/8 by Janice Nickel. On Las Chimeneas Creek Ranch there is also an abundance of turkey, dove, quail, axis, ducks, and hogs. In addition, the 20-acre lake has been stocked with large bass and catfish providing excellent fishing.


Constructed in 2007, a 1,900+/- sq/ft ranch style home serves as the main headquarters. The 3BR/2BA home contains an open floor plan in the living areas. Positioned across the driveway of the home is a 40x60 metal barn, complete with game-cleaning facilities, a walk-in cooler, storage, and an additional bathroom. Located on the far side of the barn is a 200+/- sq/ft living quarters. Both the house and barn are provided with electricity via Rio Grande Co-op. Electricity is also available at the second well.




An exceptional turn-key Deep South Texas, “old school” hunting and recreational ranch of which any hunter or outdoor enthusiast dreams. Historically, Maverick County is known to grow some of the largest Native big bodied, dark antlered bucks common to La Chimeneas Creek Ranch. Unbelievable sunsets, and crisp clear stargazing nights await anyone who wants to take in these South Texas evenings.


Call for Price.

1442 Acre Ranch Maverick Topography Map
1442 Acre Ranch Maverick Location Map Map